Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Dancing Mailman Episode

That's what I think I'll always refer to tonite's installment of Criminal Intent as. If you saw it, you have to admit that was THE scene. Detective Goren be-bopping his way up the sidewalk, onto the porch to deliver a piece of pretend mail. Overall I liked this ep. It's not a favorite, but it was good. Corbin Bernsen was convincing as the Jeckyll & Hyde hubby "Bill" and Elizabeth Marvel played the scared/confused/numb wife well. I don't want to say too much for those of you that haven't seen it yet, I'll revisit CI tomorrow.

I know there are a LOT of people reading so tell me, what did you think of the episode?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Shadow said...

I liked this episode quite a bit.My favorite part was seeing Goren dressed like a nerd dancing and singing his way up and down the sidewalk delivering his mail....

I also noticed that Eames had a little more dialog than usual, definitely playing a slightly larger roll than last year.

Another thing. Letting Bobby's hair go back to his natural color.....brown, sprinkled with lots of flattering gray...

Now Corbin Bernsen was excellent in his two faced role. I remember him from L.A.Law. I think he is even better today.....

7:59 PM  
Blogger L&O Admin said...

Eames was given more to do! I also noticed her put her hand on Ginny's shoulder while Bill went off. Eames isn't really touchy feely so that jumped out at me.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that episode was great- loved Goren's dancing and singing. does anyone know what song that was that he was singng to? we put it on caption and the lyrics were "oooh, on the shanghai, don't put your money on the shanghai, put your chicken in the ring..."

can anyone place that song? old show-tune, perhaps?

thanks :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger bristycat3 said...

That was a fantastic episode. Normally Bobby's antics crack me up in general, but I was just dying at his "singing/dancing mailman".

I had to caption it as well, but didn't recognize it either.

Rose :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger DNY LOVES CRIMINAL MINDS said...

This was a great episode. It was really nice to see Eames being more involved. Goren was great as usual

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song Bobby was singing was an obscure Stephen Foster song from 1861 called "Don't Bet Your Money on De Shanghai" That's so Bobby!

Specifically, the words he was singing were:

Oh! de Shanghai!
Don’t bet your money on de Shanghai,
Take de little chicken in de middle ob de ring
But don’t bet your money on de Shanghai.

The full lyrics can be found here:
http://www.stephen-foster-songs.de/Foster06.htm

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home