Tuesday, October 11, 2005

*Daily Closing Argument*

Evening rolls around and my house is usually in complete chaos. Screeching kids, fighting cats, etc. Tonite, somehow it was absolutely quiet by 7pm. That just doesn't ever, ever happen. You moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about. I actually got to see not only an entire episode of CI uninterrupted, but it was an all time favorite, "The Good Doctor". Much as I love CI this is one of the few episodes that Carver really won me over. The whole courtroom scene from the moment Goren takes the stand and purposely throws the jury a lot to think about is just great. Back to Carver. He is absolutely brilliant questioning the defendant, have the swarmy doc demonstrate precisely how to cut up a body. This episode sold me on the show back in the first season.

(SVU SPOILER ALERT )
*
*
*
*
*
*
The thing I'm most in awe of with SVU is that every single week it seems to get better. How that is possible I'm not sure, but it just does. The scenes with Stabler (Chris Meloni) & the therapist (Mary Stuart Masterson) just blew me away. I've waited a year to see him finally break over losing his family. The way that he unraveled was just so well written. Everything was more than it appeared. Pete was his ex-partner but also reminded him of his father. Luke was the kid he'd known forever but resembled himself at that age. The combination of emotional loyalties vs. emotional flashpoints was perfectly woven. I thought last week was amazing and so was this, but in entirely different ways. It's like apples and oranges. The same kind of goodness yet different.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos: Ken Will Morton
Wholly other TypePad was having a seizure earlier today, so I apologize if anyone got any scary error messages or couldn't reach the blog.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home